|As of July 1, 2007, Nelson Education products will be subject to 12 month returns allowance from the invoice date.|
Need to return an item purchased from us? Please review Nelson Education's return policy.
- Nelson Education permits returns of active products within 12 months of the invoice date
- Refunds are not available for items delivered electronically, including eBooks, eChapters, and Access Codes for online products. Any bundles that contain a technology product (CD-ROM, Printed Access Card, Instant Access Card, etc) will not be refundable if the original shrink-wrap seal has been broken or damaged. Returns must be in saleable condition. All software and CD-ROMs must be returned to Nelson Education with the original envelope seal or package seal unbroken and intact.
- A copy of the original invoice must accompany all returns.
- If a copy of the original invoice is not available, the invoice number must be quoted including the quantity, purchase price, and ISBN(s) of the returned item(s).
- Returns received without invoice information will be credited at the lowest price offered during the 12 month time frame.
- Returns received without invoice information will cause delays in the application of credit.
- Returns must be in saleable condition. Material bearing marks, stamps, writing, or labels, will not be accepted.
- Shrink-wrapped books must be returned unopened. All Software and CD-ROM’s must be returned with the original envelope seal or package seal unbroken and intact.
Need to return a book purchased over the Internet? Here's how!
- Simply send us a copy of your original invoice and write the reason for the return on the back of the invoice. This information will help us process your return quickly and will enable us to improve our services and products. If we've made a mistake in processing or shipping your order, let us know and we will refund your shipping charges on the initial shipment and pay for the shipping cost for returning the goods.
- As a reminder, please note that returned goods must be received within 30 days of the original invoice date. If you receive damaged or defective goods, please let us know within 10 days of the receipt of your goods so that we can promptly replace the item or refund your payment! Please remember not to stamp, sticker, or write on your materials, otherwise we will be unable to resell them and cannot accept them as a return. Sorry!
- Make sure to carefully pack your return with the copy of your original invoice and send it prepaid to Nelson Education, 1120 Birchmount Rd., Scarborough, Ontario, M1K 5G4 (no returns in person to this location, please). Since Nelson Education cannot be responsible for lost packages or damages that occur during shipping, we strongly recommend that, for your own protection, you send your return by a traceable courier.
- Still have questions? Contact us by phone at 1-416-752-9448 or 1-800-268-2222, email us at email@example.com.
OLD EDITION / OUT OF PRINT / RUN OUT STATUS:
Old Edition (OE):
- OE titles must be returned within 3 months (90 days) of the notification date of the new edition. The last date to return OEs can be found on the Upcoming Editions page.
- OE titles will be sold non-returnable.
- To review titles with OE status, visit http://serviceplus.nelson.com/
- OP titles are must be returned within 3 months (90 days) of being declared OP.
- OP titles will be sold non-returnable.
- To review titles with OP status, visit http://serviceplus.nelson.com/
Run Out (RO):
- RO titles will be sold non-returnable.
BUNDLES / KITS:
- All titles shipped and invoiced as a bundle must be identified with the bundle ISBN upon return.
- Bundles must be returned shrink-wrapped or with the sealed packaging intact.
- This will ensure prompt processing of your return.
- Custom titles are subject to 35% returns as indicated on your invoice.
- Click here for a visual guide.
- If damaged goods are received you have 120 days from invoice date to notify Customer Support via phone @ 1-800-268-2222, or by fax @ 1-800-430-4445.
- Customer Support will make arrangements to pick up the damaged goods and send out replacements.
- For claims ‘damaged by carrier’: Recipient must indicate damage on the waybill at the time of delivery. If no damage disclaim was indicated on the waybill, the customer has 48 hours to report the damage claim, keep the box(s) which contained the damage books for further inspection by the carrier.
CREDIT FOR RETURNS:
- Product returned to Nelson Education in non-saleable condition,
will be sent back to the store at the store's expense and credit will
- The definition of mint is a new appearance inside and out with no bent covers, no scuffmarks and nothing shelf worn.
- Shop-soiled, stickered or stamped products or products that are rendered un-salable will not be accepted for credit
- Returns received without invoice information will be credited at the lowest price offered during the 12 month time frame. Returns received without invoice information will cause delays in the application of credit.
- Nelson Education will match returns with invoices from the individual “ship
to” account, based on historical purchases.
- If the return exceeds the individual account's purchases we will match the invoice to the total historical invoices within the customer’s family of “bill to” accounts, including all “ship to” accounts associated with it.
- Returns that cannot be matched against invoices within the family of accounts will not receive credit.
- Credit will only be issued for documented quantities received by our Distribution Centre. Any discrepancies will be communicated by Nelson Education Credit Department upon receipt.
HOW TO RETURN:
SHIP RETURN TO:
Attn: Returns Department
1120 Birchmount Rd.
If you are uncertain about the returnable status of a book, please contact our Customer Support Department at 1-800-268-2222 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org to determine its print status.
- Nelson Education will provide full credit for stock received in mint re-salable condition.
- Each carton should be accompanied by a packing slip indicating the quantity and title(s) returned and must include the original invoice or invoice numbers.
- In order to prevent damage in transit, items returned to Nelson Education must be packed with sufficient and appropriate packing material in cartons of at least 275lbs. test for larger boxes and 200lbs. test for smaller boxes.
- In order to ensure accurate processing of returns and timely crediting of accounts, customers should include a packing slip or invoice in each box of their returns. Customers should number each box (i.e., 1 of 4, 2 of 4, 3 of 4, 4 of 4).
- Nelson Education recommends that returns should be shipped prepaid by traceable means to the above address.
- Liability for returns passes to Nelson Education once the materials are received by our Distribution Centre.
*** Returns that do not meet the above conditions will be returned at the customer's expense ***
*** Nelson Education reserves the right to change this Policy at
any time without notice ***
Please send all returns to:
Attention: Returns Department
1120 Birchmount Road
Claims for items billed and shipped must be made within 90 days of receipt.
For returns from outside of Canada please call Nelson Education Customer Support at 1-800-268-2222. All returns from outside of Canada must be Pre-authorized prior to the physical shipment leaving your facility to comply with Canada Customs and Revenue Agency, Import rules & regulations. Failure to comply may result in charge backs to you and/or your company.
Our experienced Distribution Centre staff will select the carrier that will provide the most efficient and economical delivery from our warehouse to your door.
FOB shipping point
All invoices are due and payable to Nelson within 30 days of the invoice date unless otherwise noted on the invoice or agreed to in writing. You may pay by major credit card, cheque or money order.
Serviceplus - Nelson Education's eservice centre
A password-protected secure Web site. In order to take advantage of all its features, you need to register using the online registration form. Once complete, you will receive an email confirmation of your registration with your site password. Go to http://serviceplus.nelson.com to get started
Nelson Education policy is to identify the charge for the Goods and Service Tax (GST) as a separate single item on each invoice.
QST #/T.V.Q.: 12 1323 1525 TQ0001